My favorite beauty bits (Low Cost Essentials)!

by - May 30, 2018


Lately, I've been getting really into makeup again and even though this post may not seem like it (bc of the fewer products I'll talk about), I'm meant to try new products soon and get better at applying them lol. I have a real love-hate relationship with makeup, some days my eyeliner is ON POINT and some other days I can't even apply my mascara properly, is it weird? 


Anyway, I'm going to start with my everyday products and by that, I mean concealer, powder, mascara and foundation.

· Foundation: The foundation I've been using a lot recently (i'm actually on my second "bottle") is the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte Poreless foundation, tone 128 which I'm not sure if it's my actual skin tone but I just try to roll with it. It gives me a natural look but at the same time kinda covers all spots marks, I'm willing to try better foundations for my skin type so if you know of a good and affordable one for oily skin I'll be glad to try them! Still, very happy with the end results of this one. 

· Concealer: For Concealer, I use the also Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer, tone 20 which I actually found as a dupe of the NARS one on Pinterest and I really like it! It's the only concealer I ever tried that actually seems to cover the dark circles underneath my eyes as much as possible 'cause they're REALLY dark, ugh.  

· Mascara: My Mascara is also from Maybelline (lol, almost everything I use is from this brand tbh) and it's the kinda new Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara and I saw this product on a lot of influencer's Instagrams and I decided to give it a go. I'm actually really surprised with it! My eyelashes are quite short and straight but with a curler and this mascara, they look cute and kinda long. 

· Powder: For setting powder, I use the Essence All About Matt! fixing compact powder. It's a translucent setting powder which works really great with my foundation bc It's colourless so I'm not worried about it giving me even more colour lol


When it comes to lipsticks I've been trying to find a perfect everyday tone and I think I found them! These four lipsticks are all I wear!

· Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink: These liquid lipsticks are EVERYTHING! I need the full collection, honestly. They are TRULY super stay, they stay on all day without even worrying about having to put it on again every hour. If you eat chances are the inner side it's going to come off but nothing serious, tbh, I even fell asleep with it and woke up with it perfectly on and my bed sheet clean lol. Now I only have the Ruler (80) and the Voyager (50) ones but I'm planning on getting at least a couple more. 

·Nyx Lingerie Liquid Lipstick: So, the famous NYX liquid lipsticks. I love the range of colour they have, I actually have 3 different ones. I love how they feel on the lips and how the colours look but what I don't like is the fact that they don't stay that long and the way the "brush" is. Still in love with this one! It's the Exotic one and it's a cute shade of reddish pink that looks perfect for an everyday kind of look on the sun. 

· Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick: I actually bought this lipstick on the shade number 02 expecting the worst and to use it at work just bc it's actually pretty similar to my natural lip colour and I was very, very surprised. It comfortable and cute and quite easy to apply, also don't forget about the amazing price! This low-cost brand has surprisingly good products, right now I'm using their eyeliner and it's awesome! Would you like a full post about this brand?


The last thing I'm gonna talk about are these fragrances which I use on a daily basis and think they smell quite good, also LOOK HOW CUTE THEY LOOK. 

· Women's Secret's Eau My Secret: This fragrance it's actually my favourite one of their range of three and also the fresher one. It is soft, delicate and fresh. It's been my everyday smell since my uncle bought it for me as a Christmas present and I love it! 

· Bershka's Candy Touch: Ok, so I wasn't going to buy this but a friend of mine actually told me it smelt very nice and it would be good for work. Again, I ended up buying it and using it on an everyday basis and not just for work lol. I don't usually buy fragrances on clothing shops but it looked and smelled very good so for the price I decided to give it a go.


So here we go! Here are some of the things I use every day and I've been loving for the past few months! 

I can't wait to try new products and also finish Uni so I have more time to write some bits and boops here!


Africa x

You May Also Like

0 comentarios