What to do 3 days in London.

by - August 16, 2018


Dear friends, if you've been here for a long time you'll know that my ultimate fave city and where I wanna move someday, in London. So when my friend and I decided to visit it this year, I was so excited I couldn't think about anything else. It was my friend's first time in London so I knew where to take her and what to do. I even convinced her to travel to Brighton! ( another post about it, promise).
In this post, I'll tell you where we went and how and I'll show you some of my fave pictures! We went to London from June 6 till June 9 and then Brighton for another 2/3 days

DAY 1

On the first day, we arrived at the city centre at half-past eleven so we went straight to the Hotel to leave our bags. We stayed in a hotel called Stanley House which was really cheap and wasn't that bad. It was pretty close to everything (5 mins to Victoria Station) and seemed like a small familiar business, the room was clean but needed to be renewed. But it was good for what we paid and where it is located. This day we didn't even touch the public transport, we just walked through the city. 

Our first step was to visit the Buckingham Palace (where something was happening 'cause there was a lot of people leaving the palace and I think it was some sort of party hah). 

And then we went to Trafalgar Square and Picadilly Circus and ate at Five Guys. When our stomachs were full again, we kept walking to Leicester Square, China Town and Covent Garden. Because it was still quite soon, we ended up at Oxford street strolling around and trying to find a photo booth (we didn't find any, btw) so we went to a Wahaca for dinner (Dreamy and Spicy af) and had a quick visit to Carnaby Street. To arrive at the hotel we decided to walk through Regent Street and again walk past the Palace to have a look at the city at night. 

If you go to my Instagram (africaouass) you can see the highlights of the trip such as pics of the food and cute boomerangs lol!
DAY 2

First of all, we started the day with a full English breakfast with a toast at the hotel and with our full bellies, we started our adventure. 
Our first stop was to get on The London Eye where we met a nice family that spoke Spanish and were kinda afraid of heights like us lol. The views were amazing and it's not as scary as I thought it would be tbh. It was such a shame that the Big Ben is under reconstruction or something...

After that, we had a second breakfast at the Pret a manger(actually lived there for 3 days lol) next to the building 'cause there's never too much food hah, we took some cool pictured in the area and then went to the Madame Tussauds Museum. On this day we used the tube and buses a lot more. I really enjoyed the museum and I actually fangirled a lot more than what I expected! 
We had a quick lunch at Pizza Express and went straight to Camden Town where we spent the afternoon just walking around, taking pictures (found a booth!) and enjoying everything about the city tbh.

To go to the Hotel we got in a bus 'cause there weren't any tubes at that time but I'm thankful because we were able to look at the streets and enjoy even more the view (also I hate the tube!). We ended the day at the hotel with a Tesco Save Menu. 

DAY 3

last day in the city, with still a lot to explore and adventures to live. We started the day by going straight to the other side of the city: The Sky Garden. We got tickets to enjoy the views from above and even though I liked it and thought it was beautiful, I expected more. We got bored once we walked through everything so decided to leave before the hour ended and kept visiting our next stops: Leadenhall Market and The Tower Bridge. We strolled around Borough Market and ended up eating there the best Fish and Chips ever at a place called Fish! Kitchen, take me back! There was a lot of eating on this trip( as you can see in my Instagram highlights).



I was lucky enough to do this trip with a friend that enjoys walking and exploring as much as I do, so we kept walking through the Millenium Market and arrived at St. Paul's Cathedral. After that, we decided we wanted to go to Camden Town again so we could buy souvenirs and some presents. It was a quick trip to Camden and then back to our plans that were to get in a tube and go straight to Notting Hill and Portobello road, were we fell in love with the streets filled with coloured houses and vintage stores (even though all of them were closed at the time, so soon!).







When we decided it was time to go, we got on a bus and as we are, it was the wrong one. We wanted to go straight to the north-right side of the Hyde Park but we ended up at Chelsea, so we had to walk from there to the park and then go to have dinner at Nando's in Picadilly. The day ended - again- with us walking from there to the hotel.


I still have a lot more pictures but i think that's enough for one post. I hope you enjoyed them (I know i'm not the best photographer but I'm trying my best to improve) 

You May Also Like

0 comentarios